Stretch and Conditioning – TSD's Strength & Conditioning classes (offered in Summer only) is designed for all ages and is especially designed to improve a dancer’s range of motion, enhance muscle flexibility and increase their level of core muscle strength. Through a variety of stretches and strengthening exercises, dancers will also increase their awareness of their own body’s potential as it connects to expression through movement.
This class for the dedicated dancer that is designed to take with a “Turns and Leaps” class. “Stretch and Conditioning” is designed to teach students the proper ways to stretch and workout to benefit their dancing the most.
This class is not meant to replace at home training, but to enhance it. This class will focus on correcting muscle imbalances and the correct the following:
1. Your hip’s external rotators are extremely tight from being turned out all day, and so you lack a significant amount of internal rotation (which is important too).
2. Your quads and hip flexors are chronically tight from continuous over use.
3. Your ankles lack the ability to dorsiflex, and the posterior calf muscles become tight from being on your toes so often.
4. There is generally a huge discrepancy from the right side of the body to the left. Think about it, we practice things way more on the right side, and some choreography is never reversed.
5. The instructor will also work on improving leg and core strength, and improving your dance technique.